Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proposed New QDKS Template for LabVIEW 2010

Attached below is the Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut template VI I plan on shipping in LabVIEW 2010.  All new shortcuts in 2010 should be based off this template.  Note the new data that is passed in and out via the variant input/output.

Let me know what you think, and if there's anything I should add/remove/modify.

-D

P.S. - There will be a missing subVI...it just takes the variant input, and outputs a boolean indicating whether or not QD was launched from a panel or diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,389 Views)

Great template - I am glad that the undo stack is setup in the 2010 template.

I posted this one to LAVA a while back - in case anyone wants to use for templates in 2009.

http://lavag.org/topic/11418-quick-drop-plugin-template/

One question I have:

If the boolean value to close the window in 2010 is TRUE, does that mean a 2009 QDP run in 2010 will not close the window (as there will be no input)?

Do we have to add support for this or is it handled somehow?

Cheers

JG

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,124 Views)

jg-code wrote:

If the boolean value to close the window in 2010 is TRUE, does that mean a 2009 QDP run in 2010 will not close the window (as there will be no input)?

Do we have to add support for this or is it handled somehow?

The framework will handle this...no worries on your side.  I check if the value coming back from the plugin is valid...if not, I close QD.  If the value is valid (and it's FALSE), then the combo box is cleared and QD remains open.

-D

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,124 Views)

Thanks Darren

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,124 Views)