Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Windows to Primary Monitor (ALPHA)

During Darren's presentation on faster LabVIEW coding at NI Week, there was a brief discussion about a common LabVIEW problem.

When you're switching between coding on dual monitor setups, window positions are often saved to secondary monitors. Then if you open the files using a single monitor setup, there isn't a convenient way to switch the windows back over to the primary monitor - files will open off-screen where you can't edit them.

I've been running into this problem a LOT because I've recently switched over to remote programming on a laptop. Because it was brought up during NI Week, I realized that it was something other programmers were running into as well. To deal with this nuisance, I created a quick plugin that will move windows over to the primary monitor if it's determined that they're open off-screen.

I whipped this up today and haven't tested it extensively. I also only have access to one system. Please try it out and let me know what you think.

I'm new to scripting and know this probably isn't optimized. It seems to take a while to run. I'm debating creating a "shift" option: the shift option would check ALL windows, the non-shift option would only work on the currently topmost VI. Any suggestions are welcome, as are complete revisions of the code.

Default key is . Coded in LabVIEW 2012. Just unzip the contents into your QuickDrop plugins folder and it should work right away; let me know if I've missed any dependencies or other problems.

Message 1 of 1
(5,422 Views)