Quick Drop Enthusiasts

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.
Highlighted

How to use Quick Drop to run a VI Analyzer configuration on the current VI?

I would like to create a Quick Drop shortcut to run a previously saved VI Analyzer configuration on the current VI. Is this possible?

I noticed that the VIAn Easy Analyzer.vi runs on the VI(s) specified in the configuration. I want it to ignore that list in the configuration (or I can configure it as blank...).

Possibly a Ctrl-Shift alternative would allow the user to specify a folder to run the configuration on.

The reason is that our team would like to standardize on a configuration that matches our style guide. I have already created this configuration or at least a starting point. It would be great if it worked with quick drop and automatically chose our configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(946 Views)
3 REPLIES

Re: How to use Quick Drop to run a VI Analyzer configuration on the current VI?

I figured it out using the Advanced VI Analyzer API...

I do have a follow on question. Is there a way to display the VI Analyzer Results Window using the API (with the cool click through feature) instead of creating a web page?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(929 Views)

I like this idea and you should share your code if you get a working QuickDrop plugin.  That being said when I run a series of VIA tests I usually spend some time configuring VIA on what tests I want to add, and configuring each test's settings.  Does your plugin just select all tests with default settings?  Or is there a config file that is used telling the QuickDrop plugin what settings should be used?

Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines - Hooovahh - LabVIEW Overlord
Interesting in learning all you can about automotive CAN bus communicatin? Checkout my 9 part CAN Blog series.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(903 Views)

I'm happy you like the idea. I've been working on a configuration for VIA that matches our team's style guide. The quick drop just runs VIA with that configuration on the current VI. I also have an option for Ctrl-Shift that allows the user to select a VI or folder to run it on. I'll look into posting it if I can figure out how to make it generic. Maybe the generic version should just run with defaults?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(893 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.