From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Package Build Spec for Quick Drops?

Hi,

I am trying to prepare package installer for my quick drop using VIPM. I have selected "QuickDrop Plugins" in Destination and created the installer/package. After successful installation, quick drop files are missing...  Could be a permission issue?

I have also noticed that after I created package build, all quick drop VIs are copied to the C:\Users\<user_name>. Is this normal?

How to properly configure Package Build Spec for Quick Drop?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,811 Views)

For me, under Destinations my QuickDrop Plugins Base Path is <LabVIEW>\resource and the Subdirectory is dialog\QuickDrop.

Then under Source File Settings I have a folder named plugins, and that is setup to have the destination of QuickDrop Plugins, and all folders and files under that are setup to use the destination of the parent.  I'm unsure if this package will have problems installing if the logged in user isn't an administrator.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,806 Views)

Like this?

1.png2.png3.png

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,796 Views)