From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create references costant

How can i create a reference costant using VI scripting? I tried but I could not find how to do it...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(11,125 Views)

Hey Freddy,

are you looking for something like that:

Referenc Constant with Scripting.png

Best regards

Lorenz

Message 2 of 11
(6,715 Views)

Thanks for the answer, i've not specified my problem very well:

I want to create a QD shortucut that automatically creates a reference costant of selected references that i have on the block diagram.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,715 Views)

Then take the code posted, and combine it with a QuickDrop template.  LabVIEW ships with one that you can modify.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,715 Views)

Yes i know it,

but i can't find the way to create a costant of a specific reference...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,715 Views)

Freddy, can you include a screenshot that can help us understand what you're trying to accomplish?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,715 Views)

I guess he's talking about the difference between a reference constant in general (which seems to be what LoCa posted) and a, let's say, reference constant of type "boolean (strict)"ReferenceConstantDifference.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,715 Views)

Freddy, perhaps you could get some clues by checking out the code behind my Commands for "Create" Menu Options shortcut? Among other things, it can create control references.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,715 Views)

2.png

Thanks for the answers,

I want to select some references and create constants just like right clicking them and selecting the voice from the menu. Now i need to do it one at the time, i want to do it automatically, like for example if i now use Ctrl+A on QD...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,715 Views)

Ok, yeah, the Ctrl-A shortcut *should* support that use case, but I just discovered that it did not. So I fixed the "Create Menu Options.vi" plugin on the download page here. Now, it will create refnum constants from control reference constants like so:

ctrla.png

Message 10 of 11
(6,715 Views)