QControl Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Selection QControl

Attached is a QControl I made which was based on the code developed here.  It is code that allows for item selection in a Listbox, MCLB, or Tree by clicking on the checkboxes which are symbols.  This is a more natural UI look and users are more used to this for selecting items, rather than holding CTRL like in normal UI item selection.  This QControl also supports disabling items, which will keep their selection value locked unless the property node is used to change them.  This QControl supports holding the Shift key to select multiple items, right clicking and selecting all/none and inverting the selection.  It also is distributed as a package with a control palette and functions palette with demo and template.

Message 1 of 3
(3,381 Views)

Awesome, Thank you for sharing.  I'll add it to the shared list.

Selection with checkboxes in Trees and MCLBs is available in the main QControl Toolkit but yours has more features and expands to Listboxes and Tables.  Look at how I changed the Toggle Selection method in my trees.  I gave the option for single selection, multiple selection, or hierarchal selection.  You might want to implement that in yours.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,367 Views)

Yeah sorry I missed it.  I looked at the public list of them and forgot to check the examples.  I think a Single Selection is a valuable thing to add for sure.  And when it comes to trees you may want to limit selection to children only items, or items with no children could be useful.  And your override for things like adding items and forcing an update is probably something mine should do too.  I didn't really think about that because I don't really add items after it has been created, unless I am closing and reopening it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,362 Views)