QControl Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building a QControl into an exe

Solved!
Go to solution

I got my first QControl working the way I want it in my dev environment (super cool toolkit, thanks again Q). Unfortunately it's throwing an error when I try to build- apparently there is a broken VI in the toolkit that can't be built. It's \QSI\QControls\QControl Classes\Generic\Template Method.vi. It looks like this is just a template used in some scripting somewhere, and it's not called in my project.

I'm sure this is an issue with my build spec, not the toolkit- but can anyone shed some light on how to get the darn thing to build? I've got "Disconnect type definitions", "Remove unused polymorphic VI instances", and "Remove unused members of project libraries" checked.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: This is somewhat related to a question I asked about a year ago, and as I understand it you basically "can't have bad VI's in a class/library even if they're not being used". https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Unused-bad-VI-in-project-lvlib-causes-compile-failure/m-p/3689696

Message 1 of 2
(2,671 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BertMcMahan

Good catch! The VI:

“[vi.lib]\QSI\QControls\QControl Classes\Generic\Template Method.vi” is a remnant of the scripts I made to create all of the public method VIs. It can safely be removed or be made runable by adding a constant to the input to the invoke node. This will remove the build problem.

This VI will be removed in the next release which I am working hard to get out before NIWeek 2019 if I can.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

Message 2 of 2
(2,665 Views)