Power Electronics Development Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakout board design for sbrio 9642

Hello everyone,

I use sbrio 9642 for my control appication. I am trying to build a breakout board (daughter board ) for the J7 analog connector in sbrio 9642. I want to use ultiboard to design the PCB. I want to convert the available analog input/output to B and C male connectors.

Any help would be appreciated.

If there is any question, ask in this discussion, I will answer it as soon as possible.

-Kumar

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,573 Views)

Hi Kumar,

In Multisim 13 go to the Master Database and select the NI_Components Group. Click the sbRIO Family. You will find connectors for sbRIO devices. There is one for AIO por J7, 964x devices. This connector also includes the footprint information.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Best,

Fernando D.

NI

Fernando D.
National Instruments

Message 2 of 6
(4,445 Views)

Hi Kumar,

In addition, NI has identified several alliance partners who specialize in electronics design to augment NI hardware, such as Single-Board RIO.  If you would rather work with partner to manage the design and build of the breakout board you need, I would recommend contacting one of the partners referenced in the link below:

http://partners.ni.com/partner_locator/search.aspx?f0=Specialty&f0v0=Electronic+Design

Regards,

spex

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
Message 3 of 6
(4,445 Views)

Hi Fernando,

Thank you. I will take a look at it and update if I have any questions.

Hi Spex,

Thank you for the link. I will take a look at them. Our funding is also limited. So, I want to build it myself to reduce costs.

Basically, I want to build something similar to this product (This product is inexpensive)

http://www.phaeron.com/index.php/products/36-general/96-sbrioanalog

I contacted the manufacturer through email, I did not get any response.

-Kumar

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,445 Views)

Hello everyone,

I built a small breakout board using Multisim and ultiboard in the past week. I have attached the files with this post. This is how the board looks like in 3d View.

Breakout_board_top.pngBreakout_board_bottom.png

Since, I am new to multisim nad ultiboard, I am not sure if I made the right connection. I would appreciate it, if anybody can take a look at the files and update in this post, If they see any error or any changes that could help.

I hope this is helpful to anyone using Sbrio 9642. I used SMA connectors since I have another filter board with SMA connectors. You can replace the SMA connector with a BNC or other connector types.

-Kumar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,445 Views)

Hello,

A couple of suggestions. Make sure your design is synchronized at all times by using Forward/Backward Annotation. In Ultiboard, use the DRC and netlist check and Connectivity check (Design menu) to check for errors.

Since you are new to Ultiboard let me recomend you the best practices guides:

NI Ultiboard Best Practices Guides

Best,

Fernando D.

NI

Fernando D.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,445 Views)