From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Past NIWeek Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

indicators and controls should have separate label alignment properties on creation

For me this is a nuissance I wish wasn't.  On the block diagram , I always align the control labels to the left of the control and the indicator labels to the right of the indicator.  This scheme works very well for me in terms of code neatness, legibility and block diagram space use is minimized on the vertical direction.  Horizontally I have no issues as I keep my variable names short enough.

Would NI consider implementing this feature?  Currently, in the preferences menu, you do have a choice, but it is the same one for both controls and indicators.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,069 Views)

This really isn't the place to post this. This would fit in the Idea Exchange, which is dedicated for feature suggestions. Anyway, this has already been suggested there - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Separate-label-locations-for-Controls-and-Indicators/i... , so if you want this to happen, you should vote for it there.

You can find more relevant ideas in the comments on that idea.

(3,027 Views)