Past NIWeek Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who is coming to NIWeek 2017?

Hi Y'all! Wondering who is going to be at NIWeek 2017? Remember if you are to bring a light jacket or sweater, while it won't be as hot outside in May, in the Austin Convention Center is can be pretty cold!

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 1 of 7
(5,825 Views)

Light jacket or sweater?  For temperatures as low as 60?  That's shorts weather in Michigan. (okay I don't really wear shorts in 60s but some here do).  But I agree the convention center is always a bit cold.

Austin Weather in May:

The thermometer dips to 60 °F (16 °C) or below on an average of 4 nights.

Yes I'll be there, coming in Monday morning, leaving Friday morning.  Looking forward to good weather, good BBQ, and new software and hardware tech.

Message 2 of 7
(5,809 Views)

Here in "central NY" 60's are shorts weather at this time of year as well, but I remember that the thermal shock of walking the relatively short distance from my hotel to the convention center and then inside was, at times, extreme. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Flying in Saturday morning, flying out the following weekend Sunday afternoon.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,799 Views)

First Timer.  Planning on light jacket or two.  Wow if you believe Accuweather, 80s-90s with thunderstorms.   

That's shorts weather for us mossy NWerners. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,767 Views)

First Timer! From Tucson, AZ

Christopher Douglas -CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,733 Views)

See you all there!

(... and make sure to come to my talk! :D)

Message 6 of 7
(5,712 Views)

Also first timer. Having heard all about the lovely weather and warm temperatures in Austin was mildly disappointed to be putting my jacket to such necessary use this morning on my first day here - thunderstorm was pretty impressive. Already seems much nicer now though.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,657 Views)