Past NIWeek Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's the App?

Am I crazy, or is everyone wondering where the NIWeek App is?  Oh... no NIWeek app?  Come on, man!  It's 2011.

• Shouldn't I be able to see the full schedule on my iPhone?
  • Get notification for session and room updates?
  • Select all the sessions I'm interested in and get auto-scheduled into them?  Select priorities where conflicts arise?
  • Schedule meeting with my sales rep, colleagues, other attendees and NI contacts?

There was no app in 2010, but I figured for sure there would be in 2011.  Not even a mobile enabled website that I could find.

What do you all think?  What else would you like to see an NIWeek app do?

Message 1 of 5
(7,363 Views)

Updates regarding session changes/cancellations would be great.

Oh and how about not assuming that everyone has an iPhone? Most of the engineers I know have Android-powered mobile devices, myself included.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,089 Views)

I believe that having at least a mobile enabled website would be great, that would work for both iPhone and Android.

Also, not needing a magic link to register for sessions would be nice.

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,089 Views)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback! I'm part of the mobile team at NI. Right now our team is very small, but we hear your feedback. Although we won't make any promises, we definitely want to make an NIWeek app a top priority for next year. In the meantime, are there other parts of ni.com that you would like to see mobile-friendly versions of?

Thanks,

Rima

Rima H.
Web Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,089 Views)

I would have been happy to have the NIWeek class schedule available as a google calendar.  Even if I could "register" from there it would let me see what's going on.

Thanks

Jason

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,089 Views)