From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Past NIWeek Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI needs to get WAY better at managing attendance at techincal sessions !!!!!!!!!!!!

I pay thousands of dollars to come this conference.

I sign up for all my sesions ahead of time.

I show up at EXACTLY 2:15 for TS2141 (Mobile Data Acquisition and Smart Phones).  And I am turned away at the door!!

WTF?  Isn't that why we are supposed to sign up for sessions?  And you give my seat away to someone else before the session is even scheduled to start?  I was there at EXACTLY 2:15!!!! 

Hey NI!  Give me a call and apologize.

Message 1 of 3
(4,525 Views)

Oh, and did I mention that the peson at the door looked at me like it was my fault? 

What?  For signing up for the session and showing up on time?

Message 2 of 3
(3,307 Views)

I can’t tell you how sorry I am that you had this experience. I spoke with our NIWeek conference managers to make them aware of the situation, and they wanted me to pass along their apologies as well. They assured me that next year we’ll have a better process in place for managing attendance in these rooms. I think we saw firsthand the growth of the NIWeek conference in terms of number of attendees, and we’ve realized that we need to make some room adjustments, especially for the more popular sessions.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of the conference, and again, please accept our apologies. Thank you for providing the feedback.

Message 3 of 3
(3,307 Views)