Past NIWeek Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any NI Week Community Meet up?

So in 2013 NI had an an awesome community booth right near where you register, where you could enter your NI Community credentials, and they would show the globe, and put a pin where you lived.  You could then see the avatars of all the people at NI Week that you knew from the community.  The booth also made a button you could pin on your shirt with your avatar on it, and they would give you a ribbon with the level of community member that you were (Active Participant, Trusted Enthusiast, Knight, etc).

The next year I asked where this was because I thought it was so cool, and it turns out that it was changed to a different booth, but instead the community had a happy hour, where members of the community got together for drinks before the conference party on Wednesday.  There was a more or less open bar, community ribbons were given away, and there was a social aspect with a sorta scavenger hunt to find community members at the party.  It was a blast, and I regretted leaving that party to go to the actual conference party because it was less fun. 

So this year I'm curious, is there anything planned?  I get the impression event budgets have been cut, but is there a booth?  A meet up planned?  Ribbons?  Either way looking forward to NI Week.

Message 1 of 7
(5,777 Views)

Hi Hooovahh,

This year, the NI Community team will have a booth. We'll have a few goodies to give away, some activities, and would love to talk to people about the community renovations.

NIWeek Goodies

Also, the team will be around at the block party on Tuesday night in the Exhibition Hall. The Challenge the Champions event and LabVIEW User Group Awards will occur during the block party.

Please stop by the booth during NIWeek or find us at the party!

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
Message 2 of 7
(5,767 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Also, the team will be around at the block party on Tuesday night in the Exhibition Hall. The Challenge the Champions event and LabVIEW User Group Awards will occur during the block party.

Thanks,

Is there going to be a list somewhere of these events? I always want to see the Challenge the Champions event or the Fastest Programmer Challenge, but I never know when they are scheduled to occur.

Certified-LabVIEW-Architect_rgb.jpgCertified_TestStand_Architect_rgb.jpg

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." John Bernard Books

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,703 Views)

bsvare wrote: Is there going to be a list somewhere of these events? I always want to see the Challenge the Champions event or the Fastest Programmer Challenge, but I never know when they are scheduled to occur.

These events typically occur during the Block Diagram Reception Party. The NIWeek agenda states this will occur on Tuesday, August 2 from 5-6 PM, followed by the conference party 6-7:30 PM.

I am attempting to track down the exact times. I will let you know when I have an update.

Thanks,

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,688 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

bsvare wrote: Is there going to be a list somewhere of these events? I always want to see the Challenge the Champions event or the Fastest Programmer Challenge, but I never know when they are scheduled to occur.

These events typically occur during the Block Diagram Reception Party. The NIWeek agenda states this will occur on Tuesday, August 2 from 5-6 PM, followed by the conference party 6-7:30 PM.

I am attempting to track down the exact times. I will let you know when I have an update.

"Challenge the Champions" will begin right after the LUGnut awards at 5pm.  So be at the stage at 5pm sharp.

This year the Champions are challenging an NI lineup.  Don't want to miss this one!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,644 Views)

More information on the NI Community booth can be found in our blog post here: Visit the NI Community booth at NIWeek!

Also, our booth is part of the NIWeek Software Passport Challenge -- so that's even more incentive to stop by! Cat Wink

We've also posted some of the special event times:

On Tuesday, August 2nd in the Exhibit Hall:

5:00 - 5:15 pm     LUGNUT Awards

5:15 - 6:00 pm     Challenge the Champion

6:00 - 7:30 pm     NIWeek Conference Party

On Wednesday, August 3rd in the Exhibit Hall:

5:00 - 6:00 pm     World's Fastest LabVIEW Programmer competition

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,623 Views)

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

Hi Hooovahh,

This year, the NI Community team will have a booth. We'll have a few goodies to give away, some activities, and would love to talk to people about the community renovations.

NIWeek Goodies

Thanks,

The tension reliving stars are back with new additions. Does anyone remember the picture holder from back in the day?

What a difference nine years make...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,602 Views)