PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want the part no:777781-25 but more in length

I am buying the PCI-GPIB+ with cable of part no:777781-25 but the length of cable is 2m and I(as given on website) but I want the length of approx. 5m
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,155 Views)
Abbas,

According to the IEEE 488 GPIB Specification, the maximum cable length between any two GPIB devices is 4m with an average of 2m between devices over the entire bus. However, National Instruments does sell bus extenders to overcome this issue.

Regards,

Sarah Fenney
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,155 Views)
Sarah

Thanks for responce. W'd u like to give me details for the spects (or link for it) of IEEE 488 GPIB. Moreover what are the spects of bus extenders...if u give me the details and its compatibility with PCI-GPIB+, so it will mean to me a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,155 Views)
Abbas,

The full IEEE Specification can be ordered from IEEE's web site: www.ieee.org. Our bus extenders adhear to this spec. More information can be found in the user manuals for these products on our web site.

National Instruments' web site also has many resources on GPIB. If you go to www.ni.com and click on Support, you will be taken to the main support page. Under Option 2, select GPIB to go to the main GPIB support page. On this page are many tutorials, example code, and installation information. Hope this information helps.

Sarah Fenney
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,155 Views)
Sarah Fenny,

Hello

Thanks for your continuous help.
Please tell one more thing. (Hope you won't be tired).
What's the latest card in the PCI-GPIB+ respect?
Or, the PCI-GPIB+ is the still latest one?
One more thing, I asked about IEEE-488.2 SPECTS. So have that been specified by NI or IEEE? Please provide if NI own them.

Thanks

Regards

Abbas Naqvi
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,155 Views)
Abbas,
The following link will lead you to all our PCI-based GPIB cards:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/nioc.vp?cid=10047〈=US
The PCI-GPIB and PCI-GPIB+ are indeed the latest cards as far as PCI plug-in cards are concerned. Our cards adhear to the IEEE specifications. Unfortunately, this specification is not free, thus we can not lawfully distribute it. However, most college libraries hold copies of standards such as this.

Regards,
Sarah Fenney
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,155 Views)
Sarah

Hello
Thanks for your continuous guidence. I will be doing on the lines u showed.
Hope you will guide me in future as well, as I am buying the PCI-GPIB+.

Regards

Abbas Naqvi

AERO
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,155 Views)