PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run project vis

Hello,

I'm using a PXI 8184 with a motion control application using a real time project with a main host and target vi's (LabView 8.5) that communicate via shared variables (hosted in the PXI target).

When I open the project, launch and run the main host and target vi's, the vi's are deployed and correctly communicate with each other using the shared variables.

In order to launch both host and target vi's with "one click", I have included in the host vi an invoke node to programatically run the target vi. However, when doing this, both vi's run but do not communicate at all. This situation occurs in a particular PXI setup system - I have used the same concept in another PXI setup project and it worked allright.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance,

João Barata

Porto

Portugal

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,250 Views)

Hi,

I think the shared variable might not be deployed.
You have to make sure that the shared variable library is deployed on the RT target.

Here is a link that can help you:

Programmatically deploy Shared Variable Library from Application or Development System
http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3824

Best regards,

Thomas B. | CLAD
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,226 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I had already deployed programatically the shared variable library with no success...

What I did was the following: I built another project, with a different name, but the same files. Now another thing happens: the shared variable engine appears to work OK but I cannot read digital inputs using DaqMx if I open and run separately the host and target vi's. However, if I open the host and target vi's from the project explorer, then, again, everything works OK...please help me!!!!

Thanks in advance,

João Barata

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,219 Views)