PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rt reliance format I/O write error

Hello,

I'm trying to format a desktop PC with LabView RT 8.6 using a compact flash. I ran the compatibility check and all the hardware was compatible.

I then tried to format the  compact flash with reliance and it gave a "Error -1:Unknown drive I/O error".

I used a conventional  hard disk and the formatting and booting was ok. I formatted the compact flash in FAT and was successful. However when it booted the following error came up: "Bad ending kernel signature".

Does anyone know how to fix this? Do the compact flashes have to have any particular characteristics? Speed, size??

Thanks,

Adao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,472 Views)

Hello Adao,

I'm not sure to understand everything.

Is the compact flash the hard drive of your computer?

Could you verify that your hard drive follow the desktop requirements for Real-Time targets?

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8239?OpenDocument#toc2

Regards,

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,436 Views)

Hello Olivier,

The compact flash is my hard drive. I've checked the link you sent me and the compact flash follows the RT requirements.

I´ve now tried 5 different types of compact flashes and none worked despite all of them passing the "LabView Real time desktop PC evaluator".

Do you have any idea why this is not working?

Thanks,

Adao

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,433 Views)

Hello Adao,

We've never seen anything special about Compact Flash non compatibilities.

It would be better, to be more efficient, if you could call the French technical support at +33 1 57 66 24 24, and ask for a support request.

Please, prepare the references of your compact flash hard drives for more investigations, and when asking for a new support, please give this SR number : 827292 for a follow up of what we already have done.

Thanks

Olivier L. | Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,408 Views)