PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi 8187 controller serial port

Hi.

I would like to use serial port available on the controller through LV RT. I tried by downloading the simple example read write to RT target. But error occurs resource is not recognized etc.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,969 Views)

DMic,

What example are you using? Can you post a screenshot of the error you are getting and one of your Project Explorer Window? This information would be very helpful for troubleshooting.

Regards,

Alyssa H.

National Instruments

Message 2 of 6
(2,934 Views)

HI,

Here is the screen shot of block diagram and error message with project explorer. I just copied the basic serial vi example and downloaded to target..

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,925 Views)

Hey DMic,

Where did you download the example from? It seems to be missing the VISA resource. See image below of the Simple Serial example that ships with LabVIEW.

Simple Serial Example.PNG

Can you add a VISA Resource name control and set that to your source and try that out?

Regards,

Alyssa H.

National Instruments

Message 4 of 6
(2,909 Views)

Oh sorry. I used Com1 as resource. But the error was same then i deleted the resource wire. Still same error. I am confused whether the visa resource in target should be same as of when we run in host pc.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,904 Views)

DMic,

You should use the name of the VISA resource that is listed under your controller in NI MAX. It will not work if you do not have the VISA resource wired in. 

If you do not see the VISA resource listed in NI MAX under your controller, make sure that you have NI VISA and Serial installed on your controller.

Can you post screenshots of what NI MAX sees and make sure that all of the tabs under your Chassis and Controller are expanded out?

Regards,

Alyssa H.

National Instruments

Message 6 of 6
(2,883 Views)