PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi-2530B and TB-2631B

Hello,

I'm trying to use the pxi-2530B and TB-2631B to receive inputs from 2 sensors. I have never used these 2 modules and would appreciate it if somebody would give me some more information on how to hook the wires to the TB. I already have the 2 modules mounted together but I need to connect the wires to the TB-2631B but I don't know how. I also need some help with Labview programming related to the 2 modules. Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,746 Views)

For future reference, tell us what the instruments are so we don't have to look it up.  Providing a link also helps.  PXI-2530B

How are you configuring the switch matrix?  I see that the TB-2631B can be a 4x16 2-wire or a 4x32 1-wire.

As far as software goes, are you using SwitchExecutive or NI-Switch?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,745 Views)

I have never used switches before, I am trying to receive a signal from 3 different sensors and use the  pxi-2530B and TB-2631B. Do you have any links on how to connect the wires and a general introduction to the module's function for beginners? Also for labview I'm using NI-SWITCH. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,737 Views)

Hi,

As stated before, the TB-2631B configures the NI PXI-2530 as a 4x32 (1-wire) or 4x16 (2-wire) matrix. I'm not sure which one you plan to use so I've linked to documentation for both below. The NI-Switches Help file is extremely helpful for physically setting up the hardware and learning about it's capabilities.

NI PXI-2530B 1-Wire 4x32 Matrix Topology: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375472D-01/switch/2530b_matrix_1_wire_4x32/
NI PXI-2530B 2-Wire 4x16 Matrix Topology: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375472D-01/switch/2530b_matrix_2_wire_4x16/

As far as LabVIEW is concerned, you can find some shipping examples to help you get started by going to Help>Find Examples...>Hardware Input and Output>Modular Instruments>NI-SWITCH. Hope this helps!

-Carisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,727 Views)

Thank you. That helped me understand some things but some things are still not clear. The simplest thing I am trying to achieve with the multiplexer is the following: Use the digitizer to measure voltage from 3 different sensors. I do not know where to start. He is a list of the things I can't quite grasp:

1. What is the concept behind the switch? I am trying to understand how the modules work. Is it like a digital multiplexer where you have inputs and outputs and selector bits? 

2.What row/column numbers to connect the wires to ? Does it make any difference?

3. After I have all the wires connected and ready , how to write the labview code?

I am really having a lot of trouble understanding this, and I am a beginner, so I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,712 Views)

Hi,

1. A switch does not work like a DMM with inputs, outputs and selector bits. Its main use is for routing signals, which means it only has inputs and outputs but does not perform any measurements.

What kind of digitizer are you using and what kind of sensors are you trying to connect? With some more information, I'd be happy to help guide you in the right direction.

2. Please also keep this documentation in mind: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375472D-01/switch/2530_2-wire_4x16_matrix/

3. As I mentioned previously, you can find some shipping examples to help you get started with LabVIEW by going to Help>Find Examples...>Hardware Input and Output>Modular Instruments>NI-SWITCH. 

Thanks,

Carisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,702 Views)