cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pxi 1042Q with 8331 controller

Solved!
Go to solution

HI........

I want to configure one PXI-1042Q chassis with PXI-8331 controller.I have connected 2 Digital I\O card (PXI-6515) and 1 Digital I\O card(PXI-6514) to this chassis. And I have connected this Chassis to my PC with serial cabel (NI standard Cable) on COM 1 Of my PC. But the problem is when i open NI Measurment and Automation explorer it dose not detect eithre chassi or any I\O card.

I have installed NI platform services version 4.6.1.

One obsrevation is RX led ON Chassi and TX Led ON PC dose not glow.

PLease Guide me step by step configuration.

Thanks

Pravin.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,780 Views)

hay any 1 having sugession?????????????

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,770 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PBL

PBL,

The PXI-8331 isn't a serial interface even though the connector looks like it, so it shouldn't be connected to COM1.  It will only work when connected to a PCI-8331 in your host PC.  The cable needs to be a MXI-4 cable, such as 190957-03, not a serial cable.

If that's what you're doing, please report the LEDs on both of the cards.

- Robert

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,762 Views)

Thank You Robert!

I Didn't want to say COM port, Its is the port of PCI 8331 Card and I have connected the system in the manner you said.

Mean time you replied this post I have Got conversation with NI engineer over Phone, He have checked system remotly and suggested to reinstall Software and NI Drivers. So I am Doing that. and Thanks for your Response.I had posted the query incorrectly. SOrry for that 😄

Thanks,

Pravin 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,756 Views)

Hi...

I have connected the Pxi 1042 via Pxi8331-Pci8331,but in my PC ,MAX shows that  link disconnected and  chassiss status :Error 0XFFFB388C - The MXI-4 connection to this chassis timed out. Screenshot visible attachments. Or am I Inserted in the PCI slot on the motherboard (Ihave tried the both two,DELL PC ).

Please guide me how I could do ,thank you .

Jonny

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,124 Views)

And I aslo should add that the  the LED display on  board 8311 : power green,TX and RX  brown

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,121 Views)

HI ..

Iam also facing the same issue.

can you provide me some inputs how to resolev it

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,722 Views)