From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nihsdio.dll not found

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have recently installed LabVIEW 2013, up from 2011, and now a Get Session Reference VI cannot get the session reference. The session reference is still there but the connecting wire is broken.

I have followed several tips offered on this forum, such as http://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/NIHSDIO-get-session-reference/m-p/2063426#M10997

The niHSDIO.dll library is not present in the LabVIEW 2013/instr.lib/niHSDIO folder. However it is also not present in the 2011 version folder and yet the VI operates correctly in LabVIEW 2011.

When I open LabVIEW 2013 I get the following message in the attachment;

Any tips or a link to download the niHSDIO.dll library please?

I am using a PXI-6541 card in a PXIe-1073 rack.

Regards,

Chris.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,393 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChuckNorris1989

What version of NI-HSDIO do you have installed? I would recommend installing the latest version (at the time of this writing, NI-HSDIO 14.0).

My first guess would be that you have too old a version installed that does not have LabVIEW 2013 support.

niHSDIO.dll is not located in the LabVIEW folder; it's located under the IVI Foundation folder.

On my 64-bit system, the 32-bit version is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\IVI Foundation\IVI\Bin and the 64-bit version is located at C:\Program Files\IVI Foundation\IVI\Bin.

The readme goes into more detail about the dll location.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
Message 2 of 3
(5,383 Views)

Hi all,

I had the same error that is shown in this post. 

And after the download of the latest version and a install of this drivers the problem for me was solved.

I used the following link to download the driver : http://sine.ni.com/psp/app/doc/p/id/psp-255/lang/nl

Kind regards

Message 3 of 3
(2,370 Views)