From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niScope Get Session vi error

Hi,

I am trying to run niScope Get Session Reference.vi on my system. But I got an error in the niScope Get Session Reference.vi. It requires a refnum and the niScope Get Session Reference.vi  provided by NI does not provide a valid input for this function. For the convenience I have attached the error massage with this. I am using Labview 2012 and I have installed all the drivers correctly. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,797 Views)

ishara,

Could you post your VI so that we can get a better look at exactly what is going on?

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,785 Views)

Hi James,

Sorry for the delay. Here are my screen shots. Thank you so much!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,761 Views)

Hi ishara123,

Could you please clarify what you are trying to do?  I don't see the niScope Get Session Reference.vi on your block diagram.  This VI is used to get a session reference for use with the NI-TClk API.  Are you trying to use NI-TClk to synchronize multiple devices?

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,744 Views)

Hello Joshua and James,

I work with Ishara123.

We are trying to run multiple instruments at the same time.

But, the ni-scope is running in a loop. The close vi that is on the ni-scope palette will not run.

This leads to a build up of unclosed sessions as the instruments run.

Basically, we need something that can close the session at the end of the while loop so that it can run for days without slowing down the computer and eventually crashing it.

We have labview 2012 installed.

And according to some of the other forum posts, labview 7.1 can run this vi without issue.

That post is years old, so I imagine there is some sort of quick fix by now.

However, I cannot seem to find it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,689 Views)

Jon,

Can you put your initialize and clear session VIs outside of the loop?  If I understand your question correctly, this should help resolve the issue.

James K.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,601 Views)