From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

niDCPower Error code: -1074106671

From NI Max 18x, clicking on Test Panels for either a NI PXIe 4140 or a NI PXIe 4113, brings up the Instrument Studio, which proceeds to show an initialization error -1074106671. Our code errors out with the same error when calling "niDCPower Initialize with Channels".  Instrument  Studio claims "Error description not found", our code claims "An internal error has occurred".

This setup used to work, some equipment on GPIB/USB and USB was moved around but the PXI mainframe wasn't touched.  I've updated NI-488, VISA, Switch, DCPower and DAQmx to the latest, but no luck.

How does one track this error down?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,197 Views)

Hi Instrumento,

Could you please provide the versions you have installed for each piece of software you are using? This should include at least those mentioned in your previous email but a full list could be useful.

Hunter D.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,165 Views)

After spending two days, uninstalling/installing NI packages and or repairing some installation, applying Windows patches, etc, it seems that with each try things got worse and worse with progressively worse failure modes.  It went from giving the error code above, to crashing with a segmentation violation, to completely going puff and disappearing, to disabling some of our USB-Serial adapters (?!)

I'll be nuking that computer and cloning it again from one of our images.  I brought another computer in and things work fine (after installing the few pieces of software that were missing on that one.)

Maybe there's some bad sectors, maybe bad memory, maybe some corrupted file ....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,161 Views)

It is definitely possible that there could be some corrupt software working against you. In those cases, it is often a good idea to perform a force reinstall on the software to ensure it is properly installed. For future reference, a guide on force reinstalling can be found here.

Hunter D.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,155 Views)

@hdellereit is often a good idea to perform a force reinstall on the software to ensure it is properly installed.

That's what I tried for a day and a half and things just kept going south.  In my case it is much easier to clone a machine from a working one.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,153 Views)