From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni pxi 5122

Solved!
Go to solution
When we install the 5122 in our 1062Q chassis with a 8105 controller, we get a blue screen with the error " page fault in nonpaged area " and then it reboots. We were wondering if this is a problem with the chassis, card or software.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,864 Views)

KSutherland,

You'll want to try to isolate the issue to one specific component.

Try removing all cards from the chassis except the controller.

Try using the same setup in a different chassis.

Has this setup worked at some point in the past?

Any other cards in the chassis?

VanCamp

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,834 Views)

Yes this setup has worked in the past. I've tried other cards, and everything works just fine. I got ahold of another 5122 and tried it out. it does the same thing also.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,816 Views)

@KSutherland@KSutherland wrote:

it does the same thing also.

Do you mean that the other 5122 gives you a blue screen, or works properly?

If the other 5122 works properly, it is almost definitely the card that is malfunctioning.

VanCamp

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,802 Views)

Sorry I didnt' explain better, but both 5122's give me the blue screen.  I dug out our old 8176 controller and 1002 chassis and put them in it. and they work fine in the that. Im kinda thinking it might be bad driver or corrupted files on the hard drive on the 8105 controller. any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,795 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KSutherland

That's interesting that both 5122's cause that behavior. I agree that driver or software corruption seems most likely.

I would try repairing or force reinstalling your NI-SCOPE and NI-DAQmx drivers. That process can be found here: http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/54335/en/

Although it's unlikely that it is, you could verify it's not the chassis by using the old 8176 with the card and newer chassis - may be worth a shot.

Uninstalling and reinstalling all NI software or reimaging the computer would be possible other options, although hopefully it doesn't come to that.

VanCamp

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,761 Views)

I reinstalled those drivers like you mentioned and everything works fine now.  Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,713 Views)