PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

migration to LV 2018

Dear NI Communty,

We Have a Real time application running under LV 2016, now we want to migrate to LV 2018, first I tried to open our application using LV 2018, I got some errors but I was able to fix them so at the end all the Vis were not showing any errors, and I was able to run the Host application and the RT PXI application without any issue.

2.png1.png

The problem appeared when I deployed the RT executable inside the PXI target, the RT PXI application was not running, I modified within the Build specification to enable debugging, and I tried to debug the application using the “Debug Application or Shared Library” by entering the IP address, the RT application was broken but I couldn’t see the errors, but using the View tab I could see the errors.

3.png4.png

When I try to fix the errors, I can’t see how to fix them since inside the block diagrams there is nothing broken. I tried also to perform a mass compile but I couldn’t fix the issues detected since as I said there is nothing to fix. I have tried also to create another project with LV 2018 and import everything (DLLs, Vis,…) but at the end I got the same results.

Could you please help us regarding this issue ?

I have attached the error log file of the PXI.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,945 Views)

Did you update the NI software and firmware on the PXI controller to the 2018 versions through MAX?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,914 Views)

Yes of course ! this was the first thing i did.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,872 Views)