From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

memmory uppgrade

Hello

I'm currently developing a system that measures and processes the measurement in real-time using a PXIe8820 card and a DAQ-card. However, since the data-treatment involves some matrix operations the small memory of the PXIe-8820 (2 GB) is exceeded fast. 

To continue I need to upgrade the memory of the controller. My question is if it is possible to use a regular DDR memory stick for 50$ or if I'm required to buy a NI memory module for 300-800$? What is the actual difference between a NI memory module and a regular computer DDR memory stick?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,537 Views)

The difference is going to be in the reliability and compatibility of the modules.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,466 Views)