From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use TRIG connecotr on PXIe-8135 embedded controller

I would like to use the TRIG connector on the PXIe - 8135 embedded my software to triggeer the data acquisition. I dont know how use control this connector in software. Can someone please help me?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,337 Views)

Hi MansoorEE,

Are you working with a Real-Time system, or is this a Windows-based application?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,288 Views)

I am trying to use the SMB TRIG connector as well. We are running Labview RT on the controller. Is there any information on how to use it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,082 Views)

Hi pDub,

First, I'd like to point out:

• At present time, triggers cannot be routed throught the SMB connector if your controller is running Windows.
  • The SMB connector is intended primarily for use in watchdog timing on RT systems.
  • Trigger allocation is required, so that trigger lines are not double-driven.

Since you are running LabVIEW RT, you should be able to take advantage of the connector.  If you plan to route I/O timing or triggering signals for tight synchronization through the connector, I would recommend that you consider alternative options.

That being said, you'll probably find these examples helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,069 Views)

Hi kb_MEMBER your link to the usage examples seems to be broken.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,440 Views)