PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send a SQUARE WAVE to PXI-6259 over the LAN

howcan I  send a SQUARE WAVE  to PXI-6259 over the LAN, is there any example or link any one can send me , thanx in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23
(3,918 Views)

What exactly is your application?

'send a square wave over LAN'  does not describe your objective clearly.

plz explain

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23
(3,911 Views)
Dear Sir,

Actually I am new to labview, I want to generate a signal , a square wave, having specific dimensions, it will actually be a stimulation signal, and I want to send this signal to the PXI-6259, Mseries card, this machine is connected to the LAN(ethernet) and is the procedure to communicate with this device and a device not connected to the LAN different, and if a simple example is available to send the signal,it would really be helpful,.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23
(3,908 Views)

You want to generate a Square wave on one of the analog outputs of a DAQ card placed in a PC, and control this process using another PC in the LAN

did i get your query right?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23
(3,900 Views)

Well not exactly, I think I wrote the question in a wrong way, well  there is no DAQ card in my PC and I dont want to control any process,

I just want to send a square wave to the PXI-6259 M series board, well as I told earlier I am new to Labview , so what I wanted to know Exactly is:

Is the procedure to send a signal to a device directly connected to the computer and the device connected to Lan different ?
and can u give me some instructions on how to  communicate.
Thank you .
Munir

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23
(3,897 Views)

Hi Munir,

Sending a square wave to a card on a local machine vs. a card over a LAN connection require different procedures. If you want to send the signal to the card on a local machine, then you can simply use one of the shipping examples. However, if you want to send the square wave to a card over a LAN connection, then you must have DAQmx 8.0 and use OPC. Here are the links to a knowledgebase and a tutorial with more information about this:

NI-DAQmx OPC Capabilities

OPC for Data Acquisition Using NI-DAQmx 8

Regards,

Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23
(3,883 Views)
Dear HaI L,

Thank you very much for your very informative and precise answer, the links were very helpful, I tried following the procedure shown in the link that you gave, I went in the project Explorer>My Computer>New>NI DAQmx Channel,  I enter the NI DAQ Assist (when I choose any option) the following window opens and it is written "No supported devices found". I am using NI DAQmx 8.0 , the card PXI-6259.M-series,  the card and chassis are recognized and are shown in the devices and interfaces tree.

What should I do now?

Thank you ,
Sincerely,
Munir Afzal Bhatti.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23
(3,869 Views)
i would also like to add the this Jpg that might be helpful.
byeeee
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23
(3,858 Views)
Dear HaI L,
I managed to send a test signal (sine wave) to the device by choosing the test panel option and choosing Analog output. In the analog output I could many channels to choose from. ai0, ai1.ai2 and ai3.
 I did this by right clicking NI PXI-6259, in the NI DAQmx devices located in the Devices and Interfaces and choosing test and saw it on an Oscilloscope without using the NI DAQ OPC capabilities, and I cannot understand this thing.
1)How can it be possible without  making a NI DAQmx  channel and Variable?

2) I cannot create any channels in the devices and interfaces located in My system but I can create NI DAQmx Global Virtual channels easily in Data neighbourhood in the remote system, Plz tell me why?
3) I  want to create a program and choose a channel to send the signal,  can I choose the channel that i create in the remote system device ? and if yes how can I choose this ?

Thanx in advance.
Sincerely,
Munir Afzal Bhatti.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23
(3,842 Views)

Hi Munir,

It sounds like you are close to completing your application. For your first two questions: are you on the host or client computer when performing these operations? I need more precise information on your procedure. Screenshots would be helpful.

You will be able to create a program on the client computer to output voltages to the card on the host computer. Simply follow the steps in the knowledgebase to setup the host computer. Create a shared variable on the client computer and bind it to shared global virtual channel on the network. You can write values to the variable on the client computer and they will be updated on the host computer.

Regards,
Hal L.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23
(3,840 Views)