From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grpc setup NI PXI

Hi,

I want to setup grpc with the NI PXI 8881.The PXI 8881 has a VDG(5551) and VST(5841).

From the host pc i want to setup remote control with VST and VDG using grpc.How to setup grpc with VST and VDG?

I tried with "GitHub - ni/grpc-device: gRPC server providing remote access to NI device driver APIs. ".This doesnt support VST and VDG.How can i setup grpc using client server API's?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,145 Views)

gRPC supports RFSG, RFSA, and RFmx - these are the drivers required to control your VST and VSA, what other driver are you referring to?

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,117 Views)

Do you have any documents or refernces for grpc setup?

What does RFSA,RFSG means?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,106 Views)

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000oxQGCAY&l=en-US

RFSG - RF Signal Generator

RFSA - RF Signal Analyzer

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,094 Views)

Searching more on your 5551 and 5841 combinations, you're not using 5841 as a regular VST through RFSA/RFSG drivers instead using a special driver called NI-VRTS.

And it looks like NI-VRTS is not yet supported on gRPC, please raise a support ticket with NI or contact your NI sales rep / NI Application Engineer to understand how to get started with gRPC for VRTS.

Note: If you had mentioned NI-VRTS in your title or in the description instead of NI-PXI, it would have saved a lot of time in discovering that you're using a special PXI system that required special drivers. In the future, if you're using specialized equipment, please explicitly mention it so the person responding to your query need not search a lot to understand your application/hardware setup.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

Message 5 of 5
(1,093 Views)