From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fpga

Hi Could you tell me what is the advantage of FPGA in labview compared to conventional FPGA in paper perspective ?? I am working on MPP tracking.

Regards

Pradeep

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,585 Views)

Hi Pradeep

If I understand you correctly you're looking for the advantages of coding an FPGA in labVIEW instead of conventionally? The main advantages are the fact that there is no need to learn or code in VHDL or any other hardware description language. This allows people with less understanding of digital hardware design to use products like FGPAs. If I have misunderstood the question or you want any more information post back.

Thanks

Dan

Daniel Harryman MEng
CLA, CPI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,542 Views)

It should be noted here that LabVIEW FPGA does not program any FPGA.  It is for programming NI DAQ and Instruments that have an FPGA on them.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,537 Views)

But other than this is there any advantage in perspective writing a paper 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,529 Views)

Here's the product page, I'll let you explore the links and find what you are looking for.

http://www.ni.com/labview/fpga/

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,527 Views)