From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

errro -1074118650

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I get this error when trying to control a 4110 instrument pxi (connected through a 1073 PXIe chassis).

an exemple is listed here

thanks for any help

regards

N

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,834 Views)

That error indicates that the device name is not recognized. Are you certain that you selected the correct device name from the drop-down for the "source" control in your VI?

In the future, for any Power Supply questions, you should post to the Digital Multimeters (DMMs) and Precision DC Sources board.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,824 Views)

hi

thanks for the message (sorry for posting on the wrong board).

i select the device name on a dropbox, I know it is valid. however, I see that I am creating new devices every time : such as source (1), source (2)...

this is because I don't close the reference ?

thanks again

N

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,822 Views)

Hello

I checked again by looking at the error step by step :

- when I select the proper ressource name (drop box), everything is fine until the last vi (NiDC Power Measure) when I get the error number  "-1074118650"

when selecting a dummy ressource name : the error is thrown right at initialize vi and number is different "-1073807343".

So, the problem is elsewhere !

any clues anybody ?

N

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,810 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nitad54448

You should close your sessions when you are finished with them. Currently, because you are not doing so, each time your VI is called a new reference is opened, which invalidates the previous one but does not free it from memory.

Now that I have a system available with a power supply, I've discovered why you are receiving the -1074118650 error. niDCPower Measure.vi can only be called when you are in the Running state (after having called Initiate). Since Initiate was never called, the device is still in the aborted state. I should have caught that yesterday, but I opened the VI without NI-DCPower installed on it.

I would recommend taking a look at some of our examples (Help->Find Examples, Hardware Input and Output->Modular Instruments->NI-DCPower (DC Power Supplies), and review the Programming Flow help topic (NI DC Power Supplies and SMU Help->Programming with NI-DCPower->Programming Flow.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Tobias
Principal Software Engineer
Driver Software
National Instruments
Message 5 of 6
(5,800 Views)

Hi

I am getting back to this thread. I followed your suggestions and it works fine.

I am wondering if I can leave a session open and close it only at the end of the program.

I am making frequent calls to an ActionEngine with

DCPower source ON

DCPower source off

opening and closing sessions takes ressources....

How can I do that ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,544 Views)