PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error -10202 with PXI-6040E

This error appears during self-calibration using Calibration executive 2.1. Memory locations on the 6040 are locked. A program exits to unprotect the memory. Does anyone have it or know where to find it?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,127 Views)
Hi,

Have you tried the self calibration in DAQmx? Or are you only using traditional DAQ?

There is a KB that discusses this:

Title:
Error -10202 When I Self Calibrate My E Series Device to the User Area or Online Self-Diagnostic.

Problem:
Every time I run the E Series Self-Calibrate VI or use the Online E Series Diagnostic with the self-calibrate option, I get a -10202 error that says the user area is write protected. What is wrong? How can I self-calibrate?

Solution :
For now, the only reason discovered for this behavior is the previous use of older DAQmx build.

Some things done in DAQmx can write protect part or whole of the EEPROM without un-write protecting it when finished. This causes a problem when going back to DAQ since self calibrate does not know how to un-write protect the EEPROM.

The solutions found:
1) Use the EEPROM Unprotect VI that is attached. The problem with this is that now the whole thing is unprotected (including the factory area and other parts of the EEPROM. So after unprotecting, it is necessary to reprotect a portion of the EEPROM.
2) RMA the board so the EEPROM can be re-imaged.
Message 2 of 3
(3,116 Views)
That's the program I was looking for! Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,114 Views)