From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downconverter damaged

Hi

(a) What are the main or most common causes of damage of downconverter PXI 5600. specially mixer ic and other 

components that are contected directly to RFinput pin.? i am using VHF antenna . my first damaged

downconverter is showing 20dbm loss in every signal and other dont show any signal .in both cases PXI  and

antenna was properly grounded.

(b) Is there any affect on working of downconverter PXI 5600 if system is not grounded. if yes than how can i use it

in moving vehicle where proper ground is not avaliable?

(c) Why it is necessary to have neutral to ground voltage less than 1V? Is there any relation of burning of Mixer ic with

voltages on neutral terminal of power supply eg. if neutral to ground voltage is 5V or 10V can this burn MIXER IC at 

RF input? 

(d) Is there any way that antenna has DC voltage on it. downconverter has max 0V dc at input. if system is working

fine with antenna, what would be causes of sudden appearance of DC voltage on antenna like through induction

etc?

(e) Can polarity of AC supply can affect the working of downconverter or can it damage RF input?

(f)  Can ground loops can damage RF input ? if yes then how ?

(g) It is said in Downconverter 5600 manual(input/output Downconverter Front Panel) that input Maximum input DC

voltage is (+,-) 5V how this is calculated?

(e) Also when it is said in same manual(Amplitude) that maximum DC Input voltage =0VDC then how come above

statement is true.

Please answer one by one .

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,807 Views)