From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

daqmx pxi

I'm new to LabView and am having an issue related to using a PXIe-1062Q with a PXIe-8360 and a PXI-6251 M-Series DAQ card.  I had previously written a vi using DAQmx function calls for use with a USB-6216 card.  I can "see" the PXI hardware in MAX and have been able to collect data from it using SignalExpress.  The vi that I wrote for the 6216 card has much more functionality and I would like to use this vi with the PXI chassis.  However, when I run the vi there are no devices to pick from like there was when using the USB-6216.  Is there anything additional that needs to be added to the code in order to use the PXI setup in place of the USB-6216?  I have loaded the PXI Platform Services software.  Thanks, Jim_H

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,197 Views)

Hello Jim_H,

In MAX are you able to expand the PXI-1062Q icon and see the modules? Can you run a self test on the M-Series PXI card? You mentioned a USB-6216, is this when you were using with your software before? You might be using the Create Task VI instead of the Create Channel VI when initializing your code. The Create Task VI only has inputs for an already created task or a Global Virtual channel. Let’s try using the Create Channel VI from the Measurement I/O palette. Once you place this find the terminal named Physical Channels and creat a constant for it. If things are properly configured and pass self test in MAX then you should see the devices then.

Regards,

-Travis E.

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,178 Views)