PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configurate a PXI-1042 RT Chassis in a network thru MAX

Hello,

Iam having two NI PXI-chassis.

The first one is a PXI-1031 4Slot chassis, runs under Windows XP and has the NI-5670 RF Vector Signal Generator (RFSG) installed.

The second Chassis is a PXI-1042 8 Slot Chassis that runs under LabView 7.1 RealTime and has a PXI-6602 Timing IO installed.

Both system has been deliverd by NI with the factory intallation services, so there shouldn´t be any problem with the installation and when powering each system up they seams to work fine.

And now to my problem:

Starting the Mesurement & Automation Explorer(MAX) under Windows (on the first Chassis) I can the see the installed RFSG, I connect both chassis thru a twisted pair cable -- I can see the secound chassis as well. So far so good, I was giving the second chassis (RT-enviroment) the IP address 000.000.000.001. But when clicking into it and the doubleclicking on devices and interfaces I can´t see the istalled PXI-6602 Timing IO card, how can I change that?

I tried to create a new object under devices and intefaces, but I can´t find a predefined PXI-6602. Wherer is the misstake.

in the hope of help
bye

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,871 Views)
Hello,
normally you should do the following. Connect both chassis. Controller with RT should be reset (at first time), then it will get IP Adress 0.0.0.0. You should change IP Adress, restart system and then install software on RT-System by rightclick in MAX to Software and choose install Software. After it your 6602 should be found.
Hope this helps,

Rebecca Fox
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Rebecca Fox
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,858 Views)