PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can we give an external input to 5610 upconverter

Hi,
This is just to clarify a technical doubt concerning with NI RFSG..

We have purchased two PXI 1033 chassis(one with 5610 upconverter and the other with 5600 down converter) for our project...Now we are trying to test the transmiter system only..We have successfully installed the transmitter system consisting of the chassis with 5610.The OS has successfully detected the system.Next comes programming of 5610 to get an RF output of desired RF frequency and power level.For this we connected an external IF frequency source from a signal generator(IFR 2050T)because we don't have AWG in the chassis.We have completed setup,configuration and self-testing of 5610 in MAX and the RF output from 5610 was monitored using spectrum analyser (HP MS710A).Unfortunately we are not able to program 5610. The VI was similar to fig 19 of "Getting Started Guide NI RF SIGNAL GENERATORS".When the VI is run, the following error comes"session could not be opened because the AWG resource name was not specified.Specify the AWG resource name in the MAX or in the option string".

Please clarify whether we can program 5610 with an external IF signal independent of AWG(because our system doesn't contain AWG)

Looking forward for your immediate reply.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,410 Views)

Hi ,

This is Faris Alhorr from national Instruments.Before answering your question, let me clarify this. I believe that you sent an email yesterday and for some reason whenever I try to reply to  it keeps on bouncing back. ( it could be that you supplied the wrong email address).

To answer your question, you can use the 5610 in upconverter mode only. There's an example in LV that shows you how to do that.

You can find the example in LV under Help >> Find Examples >> Hardware Input and Output >> Modular Instruments >> NI-RFSG >> Utilities.

Also make sure that you are setting the AWG in MAX to external. You can do so by right clicking on the 5610 in MAX.

I'm glad that you posted here, and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Faris Alhorr

Bueller
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,392 Views)

Hi,

i am a university student and i want to transmitt a 1KHz sine wave using 5610 upconverter.in the university lab i have access to different ni-pxi modules,but i want ni-pxi 5421(AWG) to generate 1KHz sine wave and then transmit it using ni-pxi 5610(at 2.5 GHz).

Can any one help me with this????

regards,

Waqas

student at nust

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,875 Views)