PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calibration executive report failure

Solved!
Go to solution

hi. I have this problem regarding the report generated by the calibration executive. after a successful run of the procedure for the PXI-5402  Signal Generator with no failures, the report generates failures on the "as left" column of the test results. i have noticed that the low limits and high limits of the "as left" column is different from the "as found" limits. is this acceptable? the limits in the as left data is much tighter than the as found data resulting the measured values to fail in the report.

please advise..

regards,

popoi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,632 Views)

Hello,

In the report, the "As Left" values should be tighter than the "As Found." The As Found limits are telling you what frequency ranges you measure when generating a 10MHz sine wave. The "As Left" limits tell you the frequency accuracy of oscillator after you have made adjustments to it. This should be within the range of ±4.5ppm, which is what is spec'd in the 5402 calibration procedure.

It sounds to me like you've had a successful calibration. Does the report show any of the test failing? If so, would you mind posting a copy of that report?

Chris W

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,608 Views)

hi,

yes. the report shows failure in the "As left" column of the result. please see attached verification only (no adjustment performed) results in xlsx format.

need your comments.

thank you.

Message Edited by popoi on 01-25-2010 10:37 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,600 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author popoi

Hello,

These results make sense, since the "As Left" column is supposed to reflect the measured results after an adjustment. That is why the limits for that column are tighter than the "As Found" column. I was not aware that you were doing a verification only. It's actually good that so many of your tests passed the tighter limits, which means that they have held their original calibration quite well.

Basically, the "Failed" label in the "As Left" column is meaningless unless you're failing it after you've made an adjustment to the board. I think you're all set for the verification stage of the calibration since none of the "As Found" measurements failed. Have fun with the adjustments.

Chris W

Message 4 of 4
(3,584 Views)