PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

audio switching system

Hello,

i got an assignment to replace an old audio channel switching system by a new one . there are 7 audio sources as inputs and they required to be routed to operators so that one operator can listen any one audio at a time. the selection of audio channel is to be made remotely by operator using serial link. morover there should a touch screen pannel also for manual selection of audio.

the old system is consists of PC104 cpu with I/O board and one audio switching matrix card.

i want to design this using NI hardware and Labview but unable to select the hardware for this. i would be highly obliged if someone guide me to the right hardware.

REGARDS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,079 Views)

Hi Tirmizi,

As far as switches go we have a great resource for viewing basic specs of our switches here.  It sounds like you need a multiplexer topology and I would recommend a PXI form factor.  

I am on the team that supports our switch hardware and am not a systems level person.  I would highly recommend contacting our sales department as they will be best suited for finding the best hardware for your application.  They are very helpful in finding the exact hardware you need for your application.

Andy K.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,066 Views)

And what requirements are made for switching noise?

The switch is the smallest problem, suppressing switching noise (also to other listeners) might be more difficult.

How many operators ?

I would thinking of a bunch of digital potentiometers , driven by I2C , controlled by LabVIEW, or have a look at MIDI controlled audiomixer 

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,062 Views)