From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addressing module on a pxi bus

I just recieved a PXI chassis and I'm trying to set up a project. My hardware includes a 1042 chassis, 8101 controller and (for now) a 6224 M series DAQ. I will be adding additional cards later but for now this is all I want to deal with. I have been working with FPGA projects and I assumed this would be similar (Adding a device and configuring the slots etc.). But for some reason the option to add a device is not present. Am I on the worng track? Does anyone have a tutorial on seting up a PXI project in Labview?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,973 Views)

Hello,

Is your 8101 controller running a Windows OS?  If so, you will program in LabVIEW with DAQmx just like programming in any Windows computer.  See the following links for getting started with DAQmx programming:

Using the DAQ Assistant

DAQ Getting Started

Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications

If you are running a real-time OS, that is a little different and you should refer to the getting started with LabVIEW Real-Time Manual for help setting up your Real Time project. 

Getting Started with LabVIEW Real Time

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,954 Views)

jschwartz,

Thanks for the links. They will be a big help.

Yes I realized I was making this way harder then it needed to be. I learned Labview while programming the Real Time cRio with FPGA and when I was handed this PXI chassis I assumed it would be similar. Also I discovered that the Labview installation was messed up (all of the DAQMX and DMM drivers didn't install). So now I have the software right and my head right this should be easy.

Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,950 Views)