PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

addressing module on a pxi bus

I just recieved a PXI chassis and I'm trying to set up a project. My hardware includes a 1042 chassis, 8101 controller and (for now) a 6224 M series DAQ. I will be adding additional cards later but for now this is all I want to deal with. I have been working with FPGA projects and I assumed this would be similar (Adding a device and configuring the slots etc.). But for some reason the option to add a device is not present. Am I on the worng track? Does anyone have a tutorial on seting up a PXI project in Labview?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,976 Views)

Hello,

Is your 8101 controller running a Windows OS?  If so, you will program in LabVIEW with DAQmx just like programming in any Windows computer.  See the following links for getting started with DAQmx programming:

Using the DAQ Assistant

DAQ Getting Started

Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications

If you are running a real-time OS, that is a little different and you should refer to the getting started with LabVIEW Real-Time Manual for help setting up your Real Time project. 

Getting Started with LabVIEW Real Time

Regards,
Jim Schwartz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,957 Views)

jschwartz,

Thanks for the links. They will be a big help.

Yes I realized I was making this way harder then it needed to be. I learned Labview while programming the Real Time cRio with FPGA and when I was handed this PXI chassis I assumed it would be similar. Also I discovered that the Labview installation was messed up (all of the DAQMX and DMM drivers didn't install). So now I have the software right and my head right this should be easy.

Thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,953 Views)