PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZigBee for PXI

Hello !

Does anyone know how to check if ZigBee is correctly activated on a PXI ?

I have installed NI ZigBee Toolkit 1.0.1 on it.

I did not have any problem during the installation process.

But I have no idea if ZigBee is now activated or not.

Any ideas/tutorials are welcome.

Thank you ! 

Aina

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,222 Views)

Hi Aina,

You should be able to see if your product is properly activated by opening the NI License Manager, expanding were LabVIEW is listed on the left, and expanding Toolkits/Modules. If the product is activated correctly then there should be a green square next to the title of the Zigbee Toolkit. If it is not green you can right click on the square and select activate and there will be an activation wizard to step you through the process.

Noah | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,201 Views)

Hello Noah ! 

Thank you for your help ! 

I did what you said : I opened the NI Licence Manager and tried to get to the Toolkits/Modules section.

Unfortunately, I could not find the Zigbee Toolkit option.

Here is a print screen I did.

Do I need to install something else or just NI ZigBee Toolkit 1.0.1 should work ?

Thank you !

Aina

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,195 Views)

Hi Aina,

Unfortunately we not longer support this product since it is no longer distributed. I can offer some other troubleshooting steps. You can try to find the toolkit files and check that they are located on your computer in the National Instruments folder. You may also want to try to repair or reinstall your toolkit. If you can use the toolkit in LabVIEW there should not be an issue with any renewal of the product or activation since it is no longer being distributed.

Message 4 of 8
(6,175 Views)

Hi Noah ! 

Thank you for your help !

Well, the toolkit files are located in C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\RF Toolkits\ZigBee.

Here is a print screen that shows all the files in the ZigBee directory.

Do you think I installed the toolkit correctly ?

If I did but it still does not work, does NI has a newer (or the latest) version of NI ZigBee Toolkit ?

Or which another software do you use to activate ZigBee on PXI since NI ZigBee Toolkit 1.0.1 is no longer distributed ?

Thank you !

Aina

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,150 Views)

Aina,

The product has an end of life status so there is no newer versions of the toolkit and because of its status there is not much more support that I can offer. 

Be sure that you have all supporting software installed for the toolkit (it should be listed in the readme that came with the toolkit) and it would be a good idea to try a reinstall.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,129 Views)

Hi Noah ! 

Thank you for the advice !

Well, there is no Readme file in the installation files I have received.

I have already tried to reinstall it but I always have the same problem.

So, to date, PXI does not support ZigBee ?

Thank you ! 

Aina

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,127 Views)

Hi Aina,

The Zigbee should work with PXI under conditions it was built for but I cannot offer any guarentee since it is not supported due to the product's "end of life" status. There really isn't any more support I can offer besides if the files are installed on your computer (and from the earlier screenshot they look like they could be) you can still manually import them into LabVIEW everytime you need to use one of the functions like any other subVI.

Good luck,

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,091 Views)