PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write in tdms file from PXie

Hi Every one 

I am using Pxie 4330 to measure/acquise data from strain. I want to write data in tdms file, but there is an error occured in tdms open? it only occures when I open the VI under project.

Do you have any idea what is the problem ? when I open the Vi not under project the file dialog works well but under project NO.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,450 Views)

Hi EricMgNiBh, what is the error code returned? The error code is returned when you creating the  new TDMS file or opening an existing TDMS file?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,450 Views)

Hi 

the error occured in creating new TDMS file or either existing , the error code returens the file path is not supplied , I can tell you the error numer in a minute. 

I think is because of target and pxie, because the VI alone works well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,445 Views)

Hi I attached the photo . 

O followed labVIEW examples , 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,438 Views)

It looks like the error is originally generated from the file dialog VI, instead of TDMS. Please try just input some constant of the file path to TDMS Open and see whether the error will come up again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,435 Views)

I did, I connected control path directly to open TDMS but again error occured. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,432 Views)

That's interesting. Is still the error 43? And did you try just copy the code of TDMS nodes and try to keep the VI as simple as you can, and can the simple VI still return the error?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,427 Views)

error sometimes turned to 63 which say the path fill is not supplied. the error for open TDMS and dialog user only happens under target ( pxie ), in simple VI the user dialog works well. but I have to run my VI under my target ( PXI) because of measuring data from strain.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,425 Views)

Are you trying to run that TDMS open on an RT target?

RT targets have no UI, so a dialog box will not work.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,415 Views)

thanks so even if I have use direct path it is not gonna work ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,404 Views)