PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a PXIe card work in PXI chassis?

Hi,

I planned to add another 4472B to the existing PXI chassis but noticed that PXIe 4492 is recommended to replace 4472B. I am wondering if PXIe 4492 would work in a PXI chassis (PXI-1056).

Thanks!

XR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,728 Views)

The PXI and PXIe have different connectors.  So the short answer is "no".  If you had a PXI chassis with hybrid slots, either PXI or PXIe cards could go in those slots.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,715 Views)

Does National Instruments have any plans for developing a replacement/upgrade for the PXI-1056 Chassis with a PXI Express compatiable slots?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,365 Views)

Hi James,

The PXIe 1065 has 9 PXI slots, 4 hybrid slots and 3 PXIe slots:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/203670

So this chassis has the capability to handle many PXI and PXIe cards simultaneously.

Mason M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,358 Views)

Mason,

Thanks for the response.....

I was interested in the 6U card capability of the PXI-1056 and the 4U height of the chassis, but would like PXIe compatibility for some of the slots and controller.

James

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,340 Views)

Hi James,

Currently, no plans have been released regarding another 3U/6U system.  For features or products that you would like to see in the future, you can post to the NI Idea Exchange, where our development teams and users discuss suggestions for improving our product lines.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,308 Views)