PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows PXI not listed in 'add targets and devices'

I have a pxi system that is currently running windows.
Can I access and deploy a project from a 'remote' labview environment?

When I install a Real-Time os on the pxi system, I am able to select 'Real-Time PXI' under 'add targets and devices' in a labview project. This allows me to develop an application on a 'remote' computer running labview and then deploy the application to the RT PXI.

I noticed that only 'Real-Time' PXI targets are listed when adding a target.

Can this also be done with a Windows PXI?

Or is the only solution to install the labview environment on the Windows PXI and develop the application on the windows PXI?

kind regards

Sam Buls

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,763 Views)

Hello Sam,

I do not understand 100% your question/questions.

When you say 'remote' LabVIEW environment you mean a different machine (a separate PC)? 

Can this also be done with a Windows PXI?

What? To install LabVIEW and all the drivers to create a project on the PXI? yes you can 

Or is the only solution to install the LabVIEW environment on the Windows PXI and develop the application on the windows PXI?

Not so sure what you are asking here...

Check this link:

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/9235/en/

Please make your explanation and questions more clear.

Kind regards,

Razvan 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,731 Views)

Dear,

This is what I encounter: 

When using a real-time PXI system, I can create a new labview project (on a different computer) and add the PXI system as a target. This allows me to develop applications from my office computer and directly deploy it on the real-time PXI in the field.

Apparently when using a windows PXI system, you can not add it as a target in a labview project. So you must physically go to you windows PXI system, in the field, to deploy a new application(excluding rdp, team-viewer, openvc,....).

My question:

Is there a way to add a windows PXI target in a labview project?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,720 Views)

Hello,

I have a link here that will explain how to make the connection work for the Windows PXI. See below:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/7F78C03BEC8CE27A862570750005313E

Let me know if you have any more questions by replying here. 

Kind regards,

Razvan 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,691 Views)