From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Support for Instrument Design Libraries for Reconfigurable Oscilloscopes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I would like to use PXIe-5172 on Windows 11. 

Application for PXIe-5172 was developed based on Sample Project of Instrument Design Libraries for Reconfigurable Oscilloscopes.

Version 21.5 is listed on Windows 11 compatibility.  However, Version 21.5 does not support LabVIEW 2022Q3.  

https://www.ni.com/ja-jp/support/documentation/supplemental/22/ni-product-compatibility-for-microsof...

At this moment, is there any way to use Sample Project based PXIe-5172 on Windows 11?  

Or should I wait for verion 22.0 or later which officially supports LbVIEW 2022Q3?

Message 1 of 8
(1,207 Views)

Hi UMASO,

The first thing that would like to mention, that Sample Project of Instrument Design Libraries for Reconfigurable Oscilloscopes and LabVIEW Instrument Design Libraries for High-Speed Serial Instruments are different drivers.

In the compatibilities document you have attached, there is only second driver compatibility, but if I understand you correct need the first driver compatibility with windows and LabVIEW22Q3.

Based on LabVIEW Instrument Design Libraries for Reconfigurable Oscilloscopes 21.5 Readme file driver is compatible only with LabVIEW 2021. And the Supported Operating Systems are listed below. 

• Windows 10
  • Windows Server 2019
  • Windows Server 2016

Regards) 

________

Best way to thank is to give Kudos / Mark as a solution. 

Message 2 of 8
(1,166 Views)

Hello, I know those two drivers are different drivers, as PXIe-659x is another of my favorite devices.  The thing I asked about this time is the row surrownded by red rectangle below.  

UMASO_0-1679316468601.png

Yes, we need the driver which is compatible with LabVIEW 22Q3.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(1,160 Views)

Make sense. 

Unfortunately, those two drivers are not compatible with LabVIEW 22Q3. Only way is to change the LabVIEW version to make them compatible or just wait for the upcoming compatible LabVIEW version. 

Regards) 

________

Best way to thank is to give Kudos / Mark as a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(1,154 Views)

2022Q3 and later are the versions of LabVIEW compatible with Windows 11.   And none of the current IDL drivers support those versions of LabVIEW.  Therefore, only thing we can do is just to wait for the next versions of the drivers.   

I think the compatibility list is wrong.  HSSI and REOSCI IDL drivers are not supported on Windows 11 at this moment.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,144 Views)
Solution
Accepted by UMASO

Hello, I gave it a shot and installed LabVIEW 2021SP1 and IDL for Reconfigurable Oscilloscope 21.5 on Windows 11.  I could ran my host code with a bitfile for PXIe-5172 which is compiled with LabVIEW 2019SP1.  

It is working fine without any problems.  I know 2021SP1 is not officially supported on Windows 11, but so far, it satisfies what my end users requirements.  Hope next version of reconfigurable oscilloscope will be released anytime soon.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(1,109 Views)
Solution
Accepted by UMASO

@UMASO wrote:

Hello, I gave it a shot and installed LabVIEW 2021SP1 and IDL for Reconfigurable Oscilloscope 21.5 on Windows 11.  I could ran my host code with a bitfile for PXIe-5172 which is compiled with LabVIEW 2019SP1.  

It is working fine without any problems.  I know 2021SP1 is not officially supported on Windows 11, but so far, it satisfies what my end users requirements.  Hope next version of reconfigurable oscilloscope will be released anytime soon.  

Glad to see you've reached a temporary workaround! The good news it that we expect the next IDLs for Reconfigurable Oscilloscope to release in April, with support for both LabVIEW 2022 and 2023.

Kayla Ashbaugh

Product Management

Message 7 of 8
(1,097 Views)

Hello, thanks much for sharing information about expected releases of the new versions.  We are all glad to know that these devices will keep being supported on Windows 11.  

Reconfigurable oscilloscopes are wonderful products.  This time, PXIe-5172 is used in a part of subsystem of microscope.  Its instrument-grade measurement, open FPGA, DRAM, and many other capabilities are great differentiators for the customers system.  Also, Sample Project is a great starting point for users to start customizing FPGA on them.  What surprising is that this invention was released almost 10 years ago.  Wish NI had invested some more resources to advertise this fantanstic inventions back in the days, so that they would have been a main stream of scientific instrumentation.  

Anyways, if you would have any bandwidth in this chaotic recent circumstances, we all hope new hardwares of reconfigurable oscilloscope will be also released along with the new versions of software drivers.  

Best regards,  

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,083 Views)