From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 98 and MXI-3 with PXI-6052E, 6508 and 7344 generates bluescreen errors

Okay, this is driving me crazy! I've asked this question before and really didn't resolve the problem fully so here we go again. I have an MXI-3 card with PXI-6052E, 6508 and 7344 in cPCI chassis. Trouble is I get random bluescreen errors (especially towards the end of boot process but they can be anytime). This happens on just about every machine I install this hardware configuartion on. Disabling stuff like the com ports and killing background processes such as virus scanners seem to help a little but have never solved the problem. The latest installation won't go at all and bluescreens every time. I tried a Win 2000 installation and the boot-up blue screens disappeared but our software wou
ld not work properly (this could well be our fault though so I will restrict my question to the boot-up bluescreens). Any help would be very much appreciated!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,664 Views)
Hi,

There was a bug in the MXI-3 software that could cause a Windows page fault exception (0xE) on Windows 98. It is very rare, but there is a patch to fix it. I attached it below. If this does not solve the problem, please email us so that we can help you further. Go to http:\\www.ni.com\ask and select Email an Engineer. You will want to select PXI/VXI for the product.

Thank you,

Katie Shiels
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,664 Views)