PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find The list for laptops compatible with NI's ExpressCard-8360 MXI?

Hi All,

Does anyone know where to find the laptop compatible list with NI's ExpressCard-8360 MXI? 

I try to browse sever al web pages, but did not get that.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/9949

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/81CBF2F7F0BAEDBD86257330000514DF?OpenDocument

Best regards,

Ku

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,874 Views)

Ku,

I'm not aware of a comprehensive list of all laptops in this sense, but the general guidelines are found on the documents you linked.

Most laptops and setups won't have trouble with using that particular card to control a system, but if you would like me to see if we have any known issues with a particular system type, I'd be more than happy to see what information I can find.

Also, in some cases where there is an initial incompatibility, we do have MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility Software that allows most systems with some initial incompatibility to work.

Timothy S.
Senior Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,857 Views)

Timothy,

our customer is looking for a low- to mid-range laptop to control 781162-01  NI PXIe-1073 Integrated MXIe. Could you advise me for some laptop models that have been tested from NI.

Thanks,

Pencho Hristov

Metrisys, Bulgaria

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,108 Views)

Hi Pencho,

Unfortunately we don't have a list of laptops known to be compatible with MXI Express.  Since motherboard components and BIOS versions change frequently for computer manufacturers any list we put out would quickly become obsolete.  The best bet is to use the resources listed in the above post when setting up a laptop MXIe system.

Another thing you could try would be to start a new forum post where you ask other NI customers if they have recommendations of laptops that they have been successful with.  This forum post is a couple of years old and probably isn't being monitored by many customers.

Josh B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,079 Views)