PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What type of connectors are used with MXI-4 cables?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have two MXI-4 cards (PXI-8331). One in each of the two PXI chassis that I have in the lab

I also have three MXI-4 copper 190957A-03 cables and would like to connect the cables together using connectors (preferably two mini DB9 Fem/DB9 Fem gender changing connectors or something simular)

Again the goal, in the first PXI to have One PXI-8331 that connects to a MXI-4 cable which will connect to a mini Fem DB9 connector Which connects to the second MXI-4 cable which then connects to the second mini Fem DB9 connector that will now connect to the third MXI-4 cable which will now connect to the second PXI-8331 in the second PXI.

Again one long line between the two PXI-8331 slots using three cables. If these two DB9 connectors cannot be used what do you recommend?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,366 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin Farragut

Solved, I called NI support and was told the 'bulkhead  connector' idea of mine wouldn't work. The high freq traveling across the Fibre Channel cable would cause conflicts with the DB9 Fem/Fem connections I planned to use.

Solution, find two MXI-4 cables where one end was male the other female. Then use the third cable (male on both ends) to interconnect the two. NI doesn't have these MXI-4 FC (DB9 M/DB9 F) cables but I found them elsewhere.

Thanks for the help...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,336 Views)

Kevin,

Thanks.

Where did you find these M-F cables?

Does anyone know if there are 'male'-'Female bulkhead' cables for connecting MXI-4?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,887 Views)