PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the purpose of SW1 in the PCIe8361 and how is it configured?

I'm seeing a DIP switch on the PCIe8361 and I'm just wondering if what is it for? And if it's a user configurable switch, how is it configured?

LrAk
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,859 Views)

Greetings LrAk!  The DIP switch is not user configurable in the sense of you being able to use it for custom functionality, but is meant to be used in conjunction with our MXI-Express BIOS Compatibility Software as outlined in the readme.  The purpose of the switch is to allow the 8361 to "hide" from the BIOS at boot time so that the BIOS will not try to enumerate the devices in your PXI(e) chassis.  The reason we have to do this is that sometimes the BIOS can not properly enumerate all of the devices connected to the PCIe bus.  By hiding the device, we can then allow our compatibility software to take care of that enumeration for us once we're booted into Windows.  Note that this functionality is only necessary if you aren't able to boot your computer with your 8361 attached, or if your devices are not showing up properly once in Windows.  It doesn't affect the performance of the card.

Paul Davidson
National Instruments
Product Owner - ni.com Chat
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,854 Views)

Thanks Paul for the clarification.

My issue is that my PLDA (PCI card) is not beeing seen by BIOS when the PXIe-1073 is connected.  I'll be installing the MXI compatibility software and see if where it will take me.

Regards,

LrAk

LrAk
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,843 Views)