From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is difference between filename.prj file versus filename.cws file

My colleague who does the majority of CVI coding is usually one revision later than I am. Mainly because he is doing the true software development and I'm more fitting what he does into my applications.  So every few months I copy some of his files over to mine so I can take advantage of fixes and new features.  Recently I had a problem that was fixed by deleting the filename.cws file and recompiling the project.  Both the filename.cws and filename.prj look the same inside.  My question is what is the difference between the filename.prj and filename.cws?

Tony
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,223 Views)

Hi Tony,

Try posting this query in the Labwindows/CVI board of discussion forums to get more relevant answers

Message Edited by devchander on 01-20-2006 11:39 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,216 Views)
Hello TonyJ,

So if you open a workspace file (cws) and a project file (prj), you should see some differences.  In particular, the workspace file contains the settings that do not affect the way a project builds, such as breakpoints, window positions, tag information, and debugging levels. Also, a workspace can contain multiple projects, and the location to these projects will be included in the workspace file.  Build options and source code control options are also stored in this file. 
On the other hand, a project file is a list of files your application uses.  Hope that clarifies things. 

Thanks!
Message 3 of 3
(3,195 Views)