PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Check/lookup

I have been tasked with determining the age of 1000s of computers, during our last audit, we located 2 computers from NI. I believe that there may be more. As such, since I didn't find a computer warranty lookup page on your website, I'm looking for the link to your computer Warranty lookup website or API, which will allow me to determine when the warranty started, how long the warranty is for each computer and what is included with the warranty.

Or a method to decode the Manufactured date from the serial number of the computer. The only SN that I have is from the baseboard, which was collected by SCCM. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,578 Views)

I think it would be more pertinent to get the purchase order date instead of the SN / product age. For instance, you might have purchased 1 year ago a piece of hardware that was manufactured 3 years ago, but a 2-year warranty would extend from the date of purchase instead of the date of manufacture. Without proof of purchase, however, some warranties aren't valid.

When you say "computers," what type of NI hardware are you referring to? PXI controllers?

Christine B
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,555 Views)

I will take either, so where is there an warranty date or purchase order date lookup site/api leverage the devices serial number?

All I know about the device is that it is  model NI PXIe-8821 and that is is running SCCM. As for the PO, there is no way for us to determine the PO details. IT does not work directly with procurement. Only procurement know the PO details, however IT is responsible if anything goes wrong and for long term replacement planning.  

The only reason for decoding the SN for the manufactured date, is a last resort. This used as a last resort in order to determine devices age and therefore longer term budget plan for replacement of these devices. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,546 Views)

@christineb wrote:

I think it would be more pertinent to get the purchase order date instead of the SN / product age. For instance, you might have purchased 1 year ago a piece of hardware that was manufactured 3 years ago, but a 2-year warranty would extend from the date of purchase instead of the date of manufacture. Without proof of purchase, however, some warranties aren't valid.

When you say "computers," what type of NI hardware are you referring to? PXI controllers?

So @christineb, How can I get either the Warranty Details or the Manufactured date from the computer's serial number?  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,521 Views)

@Garthmj,

The Support Engineering team at NI would be happy to help you look up those serial numbers, but I don't believe there's a public serial number lookup tool. I think the best way to get your answer on serial numbers and warranties would be to open a ticket at NI Support under "Service Request Manager."

Christine B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,517 Views)

@christineb wrote:

@Garthmj,

The Support Engineering team at NI would be happy to help you look up those serial numbers, but I don't believe there's a public serial number lookup tool. I think the best way to get your answer on serial numbers and warranties would be to open a ticket at NI Support under "Service Request Manager."

@Christineb

I just tried that and unfortunately there is no option that will allow me to submit a ticket to NI support. 

I'm surprised that this is so difficult and so hidden. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,515 Views)

@Garthmj,

Usually the online service requests work, but if you're having trouble, you can call into NI at (877) 388-1952 and they should be able to help direct you to make a service request.

Christine B
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,513 Views)